The Institute's call for papers
1. Studies on Chinese Communism
(1) This is an academic and informative periodical with topics regarding China, Cross-Strait relations and related international activities.
(2) We publicly welcome articles from domestic or international experts and scholars conducting research on China's related issues.
(3) To protect copyrights, we only accept unpublished works. Once used, copyrights belong to the Institute. Authors should sign a copyright authorization contract when the article is finalized, and should not be copied or published in other journals without consent.
(4) We hold rights to revise selected manuscripts and apologize for no return. Authors will be notified via contact number or email for non-selected submission.
(5) Please send your article to: email@example.com.
2. News and Commentary for ICCS website
(1) We call for articles of analysis or commentary on latest development of China, Cross-Strait relations and related international issues.
(2) We hold rights to revise selected articles, and apology for no return. Authors will be notified via contact number or email for non-selected submission.
(3) Please send your articles to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission for "Institute of Chinese Communist Studies"
Review process: Our review process includes three phases, which are initial assessment, external review and editorial board review.
1. Initial assessment
(1)All submissions will be filtered first. If the characteristics, writing criteria (including English/ Chinese title, current position, summary, keywords, format, word count and noting of source) and the level of rigorousness of the manuscript align with our publication, it will be handed for next process. Those that do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
(2) If the manuscript passes the initial assessment and its author possesses doctoral degree, it will be directly handed over to the editorial board for final review. Otherwise, manuscripts will be outsourced by the editorial board to be anonymously reviewed (external review).
2. External review
(1)Manuscripts that have passed the initial assessment will be anonymously reviewed by renowned scholars from various fields including politics, Taiwan-related, society, culture and education, military as well as diplomacy. Reviewers will be scholars with doctoral degree or position of assistant professor or above which is granted by the Ministry of Education.
(2) There are three types of external review including first, second and third review. All are conducted by two anonymous reviewers.
(3) There are four types of assessment comment: a. recommend for publishing; b. revise for further review; c. publish after revision; d. reject.
(4)If comments of the two reviewers are different, the editorial board will entrust a third reviewer for anonymous review.
3. Editorial board review
(1) If the author has a doctoral degree, the manuscript will be revised or scheduled to publish according to the result given by the editorial board.
(2) The editorial board will give comments and notify the author within a month according to external reviewed results. Manuscripts that have passed two reviewers', examination will be published directly. Those which need to revise for further review have to complete revision and return to the Institute within 15 days so as to be handed over to the same reviewer for the second time. Manuscripts will not be published if comments of both reviewers are rejection (For review comment form, see attachment).
(3) The editorial board and related administration staff are responsible for keeping confidential about the author and reviewer's information, either during or after the review process.
(4) Manuscripts that are found to be reproduced products or under review of other journals will be rejected. If there is plagiarism, other than retrieving payment from the author, the author will be held responsible for violating copyright related laws.
Editorial rules of "Institute of Chinese Communist Studies"manuscripts
1. Please include both Chinese and English titles of the article, author's mname (pseudonym), degree, current position, summary, key words, as well as soft copy of the submission.
2. Please add footnote according to the format given by the institute (For footnote format, see attachment).
3. For the first submission, please include author's original name, macademic background, work experience, major publications, correspondence address, personal bank account and telephone or fax number.